Leave it to the lady with the tree to have some great recipes for apricots. My neighbor Pat (the one whose tree is raining apricots this week) suggested cooking an apricot pie on the grill and passed along a recipe. I modified it a bit, but the essence is the same.
Have you ever baked on a grill?
When the hot weather settles in we avoid using the oven; the AC is working hard enough as it is. Now that I have baked on the grill a couple of times, it’s not so hard.
Just make sure that what you are baking is not directly over the coals or flame or the bottom will get burnt.
Instructions for baking both on the grill and in an oven are included.
- 1/2 recipe sour cream pastry crust recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pound pitted and quartered fresh apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- Optional: egg wash and sprinkling sugar http://mizan.fotoclubby.com