- 800g new potatoes (Jersey Royals if you can get them), washed
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 40g unsalted butter
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
Closely related to marjoram, of which it is the wild equivalent, oregano has a coarser, more…
- First, prep the potatoes. Put them, one at a time, onto a wooden spoon and, starting at one end, cut across their width at 3mm intervals with a chef’s knife – the spoon will stop you from cutting all the way through the potato.
- Once all the potatoes are prepped, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the butter and oil in a roasting tin over a medium heat to melt the butter. Tip in the potatoes, season, and scatter over the oregano. Give the potatoes a good toss so they’re coated, then roast on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 mins-1 hr until golden and tender.