- 200g unsalted butter, cubed
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced into thumb-sized rounds
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 400g asparagus, cut into chunks
Labour-intensive to grow, asparagus are the young shoots of a cultivated lily plant. They’re…
- 300g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ small pack mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- Bring 100ml water to a simmer in a saucepan, add a pinch of salt and whisk in the butter. Drop in the leeks, cook for 2 mins,then add the asparagus and peas, and cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and mint.
- To serve, remove the veg from the emulsion with a slotted spoon, then spoon over some of the buttery poaching juices.