- 3 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 400g Brussels sprouts, halved
The quintessential Christmas dinner veg, Brussels sprouts are throught to have been cultivated…
- 25g cold butter, diced
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- drizzle of pomegranate molasses
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Put the sprouts in the pan, cut-side down, and leave them to sizzle away happily for 10 mins without disturbing them.
- Halfway through cooking, dot over the butter and leave it to sizzle and brown – the sprouts need to be really crispy and dark brown. If they are just lightly brown, carry on cooking for another 5-10 mins.
- Scatter over the sesame seeds and stir-fry everything until the seeds are toasted. Off the heat, toss through the pomegranate seeds, then season the sprouts with salt and tip into a serving dish. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses before serving.